Don’t allow a pain in your knees to prevent you from working out.
The following moves go easy on the knees.
Side-Lying Leg Lift
Tightens the thigh and glutes.
- Lie on your side on the floor with your legs straight.
- Rest your head on the supporting arm.
- Place your top hand on your ab.
- Slowly lift the top leg 1 to 2 feet off the ground and hold for a few seconds.
- Repeat on the other leg.
Strengthens calf muscles.
- Stand straight with your feet hip width apart.
- Slowly raise your heels until you’re on your tiptoes and pause for a few seconds.
- Gently lower your heels back to the ground.
Strengthens your core and backside.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells at arm’s length with your palms facing your thighs.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart with knees slightly bent.
- Bend at your hips until your torso is parallel to the ground.
- Go back to starting position.
- Do 15 reps.
Strengthens thigh and hip.
- Lie flat on your back with the leg straight and the left bent.
- Lift your foot up, about 12 inches off the floor.
- Lower the foot back down and repeat with the left leg.
Spread the love